This training package meets the training requirements set-forth by Pennsylvania (IBHS) for practitioners that work as BCBA’s, BHTs, Behavior Techs, RBT®s etc. working with individuals with developmental, mental and other disabilities (to include ASD). This training is provided in association with Special Learning, Inc who is an approved BACB® ACE® provider (OP-14-2347), QABA® CEU provider, and an APA® CE Sponsor. Professional students who successfully complete this course will have satisfied the following Pennsylvania mandated training elements:
- (2) Crisis intervention skills, including risk management, de-escalation techniques and safety planning.
- (3) Behavior management skills and coaching.
- (4) Child and adolescent development
- (5) Overview of serious emotional disturbance and other behavioral and psychosocial needs of the children, youth and young adults
- (6) Professional ethics, conduct and confidentiality.
- (8) Psychotropic medications, including common side effects.
Please note: Professional Students will still be required to complete the following trainings with an approved provider to fully meet the PA requirements:
- (1) Sections 6301—6386 of 23 Pa.C.S. (relating to Child Protective Services Law) and mandated reporting requirements.
- Act 31 On-line Training provided by University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work (3 hours) https://www.socialwork.pitt.edu/researchtraining/child-welfare-programs/act-31-line-training
- (7) First aid, universal precautions and safety.
Training package includes:
- Initial Training by Provider Level
- Initial 30hr Training for BHTs and Behavior Techs
- Initial 30hr Training Clinical Directors and Behavior Analysts with NO experience
- Initial 20hr Training Clinical Directors and Behavior Analysts with experience
- Additional 24hr Training for ALL providers without experience
If you are taking this course, you may also be required to complete the following courses:
- Additional RBT® 40-hour Course (completed prior to working with clients)
- Additional 24-hour Training Sequence Course for those without Experience in the field (completed within 6-months of your hire date)
**Some classes within this course may also be eligible for CE/CEU credits when applicable.